The NSW Government has released a range of support options for NSW flood affected residents.

Please see details below:

Housing support

Rental support
The Rental Support scheme will provide up to 16 weeks of financial rental support to flood victims in temporary accommodation. Total funding available will depend on the number of people per household including children.

To be notified when more information is available, please register your details or call 13 77 88.

Temporary housing support
If you’re staying with friends and family right now but will need accommodation in the coming weeks (and months), the Temporary Housing Support Package can assist with:

  • Temporary accommodation pods for rural land holders
  • Motorhomes for people who are currently living in evacuation centres, or in hotels/motels
  • Temporary accommodation in recreation clubs
  • Airbnb hosts offering low cost or free accommodation will be allocated to people who are being assisted by the Australian Red Cross.
To be notified when more information is available, please register your details or call 13 77 88.

Financial support

Immediate financial help and payments are available to people living in disaster declared areas.

  • Disaster Recovery Payment – $1,000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child if your home has been severely damaged or destroyed, or you’ve been seriously injured. Lismore, Richmond Valley and Clarence Valley LGAs receive an additional two disaster weekly payments.
  • Disaster Recovery Allowance – short-term income assistance (up to 13 weeks) if you’ve lost income as a direct result of the floods.
  • Disaster Relief Grant – provided to help people recover from the effects of a disaster and re-establish basic standard of living.
  • Stamp duty relief – on the replacement of privately owned, insured motor vehicles written off due to loss caused by a declared disaster.
Landlords and tenants’ rights in a flood

If you live in or lease a rental property that has been affected by a flood or storm, tenants and landlords have certain rights and responsibilities relating to payment of rentdamage to belongings and urgent repairs.

Any tenancy related disputes following a natural disaster can be taken to the Tribunal.

Essentials and clean-up support

All flood-impacted households will receive clean-up assistance, including the removal of debris, mud and green waste. Skip bins and dump trucks will start to appear on streets. Where there are no skip bins or dump trucks available, separate waste on the kerbside until they arrive.

Cleaning up after a natural disaster can be dangerous – here’s some advice on how to clean up safely and deal with hazardous waste.

Please contact your client manager should you require further information.